Young Performers International Festival «New Names» celebrates its 25th anniversary
Under the auspices of the First Lady of Armenia Rita Sargsyan, with the support of the RA Ministry of Culture, «Cultural Figures Association» NGO on June 1-4 will hold the 4th Young Performers International Festival «New Names» in Yerevan. Program director is the President of the «Cultural Figures Association» NGO, RA Honored Figure of Culture Silva Mekinyan. Festival sponsor and general partner is VivaCell MTS.
About 40 talented young musicians and performers up to 18 years from Russia, Denmark, Canada, Cuba, Latvia, Vietnam, Georgia, Czech Republic, Malta and Armenia will participate in the festival. They are winners of multiple national and international competitions and festivals, various foundations’ scholarship holders.
This year the festival is dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the Armenian program «New Names». Participants of the program of previous years, who are today recognized internationally, will participate in this festival on this occasion, too.
On June 1, at 18:00 Yerevan Komitas Chamber Music Hall will host the opening ceremony of the festival. Young musicians will perform together with the Armenian State Chamber Orchestra (conductor H. Arzumanyan). On June 2 and 3 at 18.00 young musicians will present solo performances at Komitas Chamber Music Hall. On June 4 at 18:00 Aram Khachaturyan Concert Hall will host the closing ceremony of the festival, during which the young soloists will perform with Armenian State Philharmonic Orchestra (conductor H. Arzumanyan).
Various cultural programs will be organized for foreign participants and guests of the festival.
On May 31, at 12:00, Arno Babajanyan Concert Hall hosted the press conference of the 4th Young Performers International Festival «New Names». Deputy Minister of Culture of Armenia Arthur Poghosyan, President of the «Cultural Figures Association» NGO, RA Honored Figure of Culture Silva Mekinyan, musicologist, professor at Yerevan Komitas State Conservatory Nona Voskanyan, Conductor of National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet after Al. Spendiaryan, Associate Professor at Yerevan State Conservatory, Conductor of Young Performers International Festival «New Names» Harutyun Arzumanyan were present at the press conference.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London