For the first time Armenian Language classes to be offered in Las Vegas
Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Armenia in Las Vegas reports, for the first time in Las Vegas and the State of Nevada at the College of Southern Nevada (CSN). Dr. Vartouhi Filhanessian-Asherian obtained CSN approval to design and teach Elementary Armenian I.
According to the source Dr. Asherian visited the Honorary Consul of Republic of Armenia in Las Vegas and expressed her excitement for being able to offer this course at CSN. Dr. Asherian worked closely with the International Language Department Chair Dr. Ken Umland to develop the curriculum. Classes are open for all students over the age of 16.
This course is an elementary level Armenian designed to acquire the Armenian alphabet, grammatical structure, reading, writing and practice of the spoken language in the context of daily living. This course helps learners expand their knowledge of the Armenian culture and people.
The cost for Nevada residents is $300 and the class starts on August 24, 2015 at the CSN West Charleston Campus, Building I Room 207 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 pm – 8:50 pm. Please see attached flyer for further details.
Dr. Vartouhi Filhanessian-Asherian- E-Learning Senior Analyst at the College of Southern Nevada, and part time instructor teaching Armenian, Education and Statistics courses and Facilitator/Reviewer for Quality Matters Organization. She completed her Doctorate in Instructional Technology and Distance Education at NOVA Southeastern University and has published several articles in the USDLA’s Distance Learning Magazine. Held positions as Instructional Learning Center Manager at CSN, corporate trainer and manager at ExecuTrain, Instructor at the American University of Armenia (AUA), Junior High/High School Math and Science teacher and Armenian Saturday School principal and teacher in Orange County, California.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London