Krouzian Zekarian Vasbouragan Armenian School Receives Six-Year WASC Accreditation
As Asbarez.com reports, the Accrediting Commission for Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) has announced action taken to grant the highest accreditation to Krouzian Zekarian Vasbouragan Armenian School through June 30, 2021 with no midterm visit.
Principal Grace Andonian said: “I would like to congratulate the students, staff and community of KZV (Krouzian Zekarian Vasbouragan Armenian School) for allowing the WASC committee members to witness first hand what it means to be a KZVian. Based on the recommendation of the visiting committee, the WASC Accrediting Commission for Schools awarded our school the maximum allowable term of accreditation with a six-year accreditation carrying us through the 2020–2021 school year! There are amazing opportunities for our students in the years to come. “The accreditation process clearly brings to light the strengths of our school, generates a list of recommendations for us to use for improvement, and provides goals that will guide us for the next several years”.
Note, that WASC members visited the KZV campus in March.
Led by Ruth Balsdon, a retired teacher and principal from Moraga, the three-member team included Sister Anne Eugene Metcalf, CSJ (retired principal) and Monica Barletta (current principal). They visited each classroom, evaluating every grade to make sure they saw general expectations of performance and quality. In addition to actually getting accredited, the goal of this process is to gain validation for goals the school is doing particularly well and to help bring attention to issues that need improvement.
“I was so impressed with KZV’s faculty and their dedication to this school, which really showed in the self-study process,” said Balsdon and added that she learned so much about the school, its history, and its current programs through working on that report.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London