“Each person should think of keeping his cultural hearth in good condition. We strive for more”. Eduard Topchyan
Undoubtedly, one of the most important events of our capital these days is Yerevan 9th International Festival, which aims to bring famous musicians under one roof giving the audience nice musical moments. Within the held series of 8 symphonic and 10 chamber concerts, our 10 out of 24 guest musicians will also provide master classes.
In conversation with Cuture.AM Eduard Topchyan, the festival’s art director (together with Alexander Chaushyan) and principal conductor of the Armenian National Philharmonic Orchestra emphasized about the mission of this festival which is to bring Armenian and foreign musicians closer within frames of these both symphonic and chamber music venues. In response to our question on differences between this and 8 previous festivals they organized, Maestro said that they did not have a target to bring up anything new.
- It is of much more importance to invite great musicians, who would cooperate with our musicians and give master classes. We have always pursued this goal and never contradict our principles. The idea is not about saying something new, but rather something good need to be said.
We also asked to comment on our cultural reality today, in particular about the situation of our culture today: Maestro replied that he could only talk about themselves.
-We are in a good condition. As for others, each person should think of keeping his cultural hearth in good condition. We strive for more.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London