Lena Shamamyan to Perform in Turkey
Syrian singer of Armenian descent Lena Chamamyan, one of the most popular performers in the Middle East, will take the stage in Istanbul as part of the 6th Avea concerts.
The young singer blends jazz and traditional Armenian music, and will perform at the Istanbul Congress Center on May 15.
Born in Damascus, Chamamyan’s father’s family was originally from Turkey’s southern province of Kahramanmaraş and her mother’s was from the eastern province of Mardin. After the civil war broke out in Syria, she moved to Paris, where she still lives. After graduating from the Faculty of Business in 2002, she studied eastern classical song at the Aleppo Conservatory, but also ventured into jazz and traditional Armenian music styles.
On her first album “Hal Asmar Ellon,” which reflects her style of oriental music mixed with elements of jazz, Chamamyan collaborated with the Aleppo-born instrumentalist and trumpet player Basel Rajoub.
In 2006, Chamamyan and Rajoub were declared winners of the first Radio Monte Carlo Moyen-Orient Music Award at the Al Hussein Cultural Centre in Amman, Jordan. In 2007, Chamamyan launched her new album, “Shamat” in Damascus. She released her third album “Ghazal El-Banat” in 2013.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London