Arno Babajanian’s third international competition of young pianists starts
Since 1996 Arno Babajanian’s competition of young pianists is passing in Yerevan. The competition has established and passed since the anniversary of 75 of a famous composer by the musical school named after Arno Babajanian. From 1996 to 2006 once every two years have passed 6 competitions, since 2011 with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the RA, Arno Babajanian’s competition of young pianists became an international competition. And the year was jubilee. In 2011 it was celebrated the 90 anniversary of Arno Babajanian.
In this year, on June 17, starts the 9th competition (3rd international), which has united more than 100 pianists from Armenia, Kazakhstan, Russia, Georgia, China and also from Artsakh.
”I am very happy that it is the 3rd time we reveal new talents during this competition-festival. I think that the education and science are two indivisible phenomena. The cultural person must be polite and the polite person must be cultural. This festival is a juicy beat of culture and I hope that everyone can have benefits from that beat”,- said Armen Ashotyan, the minister of Education and Science of the RA.
Armen Harutyunyan, the director of the musical school named after Arno Babajanian, appreciated the role of this competition in cultural life of Armenia, greeted the attendees and didn’t forget to thank the State Youth Orchestra, because they are always with this competition. The director of the college gave Arno Babajanian’s competition medal to Sergey Smbatyan.
The sponsor of the competition the head of UC, Aram Satian delivered greeting speech too. Then the vocalist and professor of YSPU Mary Movsisyan and pianist Edgar Khachatryan played one of the best creations of Arno Babajanyan, and Arus Atchemyan, pianist, Honoured worker of RA, beautified the competition with ”The poem of Babajanian”. And Little Saida decided the sequence of performances of participants.
This competition-festival will pass by three age-groups.
1. junior ”A” group (up to 10 years)
2. junior “B” group (from 11 to 15)
3. young (from 16 to 18)
We need just one week to reveal the best participant.
Article by Suzanne Gareginyan (Culture.AM)
Photos by Mariam Ghazanchyan (Culture.AM)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London