Aram Khachaturian International Competition this year will be aimed to identify talented pianists
The opening of the 10th Aram Khachaturian International Competition (piano) took place on June 6, at 19:00, at Aram Khachaturian’s birthday.
Aram Khachaturian International Competition was held under the high patronage of the Spouse of RA President Mrs. Rita Sargsyan, who is also the Honorary President of the Board of Trustees of the competition.
The project was being implemented thanks to joint efforts of RA Ministry of Culture, «Aram Khachaturian-competition» Cultural Foundation and Yerevan Komitas State Conservatory.
Since 2010, the general partner of the Competition was the Intergovernmental Foundation for Educational, Scientific and Cultural Cooperation (IFESCCO).
Since 2008 Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the competition is composer, RA honored artist Armen Smbatyan. The Board of Trustees includes such famous figures as: Professor Jonathan Freeman-Attwood, Valery Gergiev, Pavel Kogan, Elizbieta and Krzysztof Penderecki, Professor Alexander Sokolov, Professor Alexander Tchaikovsky, Professor Ino Mirkovic, Mikhayil Shvidkoy, Маrk Zilberquit, Tanya Dorn, and other significant persons.
The 10th Aram Khachaturian International Competition (piano) is aimed to identify talented young musicians. During the competition days, on June 6-14, Yerevan would host foreign guests, including the jury members, participants,honorary guests and musicians.
On June 6 at 19:00 Aram Khachaturian Concert Hall would be hosted the grand opening ceremony of the anniversary competition. The State Youth Orchestra of Armenia (artistic director and principal conductor Sergey Smbatyan) and the winner of several international competitions, Aram Khachaturian International Competition (piano) Jury President, pianist Armen Babakhanyan will perform a concert. The concert program includes Aram Khachaturian’s Piano Concerto and Ode to Joy.
On June 7, at 10:00, Aram Khachaturian Concert Hall would host the 1st round of the competition (day 1), on June 8 – at 10:00, 1st round (day 2), on June 9 – at 11:00 2nd round /semifinal (day 1), on June 10 – at 11:00 2nd round / semifinal (day 2), on June 12 – at 19:00 3rd round / final (day 1), on June 13 – at 19:00 3rd round / final (day 2).
The award ceremony and gala concert of the 10th Aram Khachaturian International Competition will take place on June 14 at 19:00 at Aram Khachaturian Concert Hall.
The geography of Competition participants is very wide. This year the preliminary stage had overcome representatives from U.S., Canada, Latvia, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, China, Russia, Armenia and other countries.
On June 6 at 13:00, Aram Khachaturian House-Museum of hosted the press-conference of the 10th Aram Khachaturian International Competition. Deputy Minister of Culture of the RA Arthur Poghosyan, winner of several international competitions, Aram Khachaturian International Competition (piano) Jury President, pianist Armen Babakhanyan, «Aram Khachaturian» Cultural Foundation Executive Director Anna Ter-Hovakimyan, Artistic director and principal conductor of the State Youth Orchestra of Armenia Sergey Smbatyan were present at the press-conference.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London