“Aram Khachaturian’s works need to be performed openly and with honesty.” Evgeny Starodubtsev
10th Aram Khachaturian International Competition (piano) took place from June 6 to 14 in Yerevan.
According to the decision of the Competition jury, this year, the First Prize of the 10th Aram Khachaturian International Competition was not awarded.
Thereby, the 2nd prize was shared between Evgeny Starodubtsev (Russia) and Anastasia Nesterova (Russia). The 3th prize went to Stepan Simonyan (Russia). The 4th prize went to Ran Jia (China).
Talking about the features of performing Khachaturian’s work (Competition finalists also had to perform the Piano concert by Khachaturian), competition 2nd prize winner Evgeny Starodubtsev mentioned that it is necessary to have a special approach to playing the music of the great composer.
“I love works by Aram Khachaturian. You must play them openly, with honesty and take them very seriously. In no case you can play them light-mindedly”, – said Starodubtsev in the interview with “Aram Khachaturian” Cultural Foundation.
Pianist also told that for the first time he played Piano Concerto by Khachaturian 5 years ago in St. Petersburg, and thinks, that this work is not performed as often as it should be.
According to the competition 2nd prize winner Anastasia Nesterova, Piano Concerto by Khachaturian requires to be performed extensively and, consequently, demands a lot of physical strength and emotions.
The geography of 10th Competition participants was very wide. This year the preliminary stage had overcome representatives from U.S., Canada, Latvia, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, China, Russia, Armenia, Georgia and other countries.
The Competition is being implemented thanks to joint efforts of RA Ministry of Culture, “Aram Khachaturian-competition” Cultural Foundation and Yerevan Komitas State Conservatory.
The competition is held under the high patronage of the Spouse of RA President Mrs. Rita Sargsyan, who is honorary president of the Board of Trustees of the competition.
Since 2010, the general partner of the Competition is the Intergovernmental Foundation for Educational, Scientific and Cultural Cooperation (IFESCCO).
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London