Genealogy (Armenia): Back to the roots (eurovision.tv)
Yerevan, Armenia Six singers from all five continents are joining forces this year to represent Armenia together as Genealogy: Essaï Altounian, Tamar Kaprelian, Stephanie Topalian, Vahe Tilbian, Mary-Jean Anaïs O’Doherty Vasmatzian, and Inga Arshakyan. On the stage of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, they will sing Face The Shadow.
Now they have met again in Armenia, where they had a joint press conference, rehearsed their stage act, tried out national costumes and even learned some traditional dances. Check out our footage!
“Taraz” is what you call traditional Armenian dress dating from the 19th century. This week, when they met again in Armenia, the six artists of Genealogy had the opportunity to try out these clothes together with jewelry aligned to the topic. You can watch the artists’ special greetings in our video and see a small photo gallery below!
Genealogy wearing 19th century Armenian national costumes (TARAZ) and jewelry
It will be a beautiful show with minimalistic approach and rich graphics on the stage along with Armenian elements. As there are six individual artists with unique personalities, backgrounds and voices, the choreography will highlight our identities and characters.
Genealogy: First Press Conference in Yerevan
On April 29, when the world was celebrating the International Day of Dancing, in Yerevan Armenia people gathered around Swan Lake. Genealogy joined this event and learned how to dance “kochari.” Later the band merged with the crowd dancing and meeting fans.
Genealogy on International Dance Day
In the past days, the artists of Genealogy have also been busy recording their own cover versions of Face The Shadow.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London