Students and the “Imaginary Patient”…
Students the French University in Armenia played the “Imaginary Patient”…
On May 15, students of the French University in Armenia performed notable French playwright, actor Jean-Baptiste Moliére’s comedy “Imaginary Patient” at Mher Mkrtchyan Theater for Artists.
The “Imaginary Patient was Moliére’s last play since he died while performing the play on stage.
“By performing Moliére’s play on stage again, the University and the students pay their tribute to the notable Frenchman,” Rector of the French University in Armenia Jean Jacques Montoin mentioned. The play was presented upon the students’ initiative.
The students chose Moliére because the author’s plays are always current.
In this play, Moliére addresses issues such as misery, human defects and more. Moliére’s plays have played a huge role in the upbringing of generations.
“Laughter is the best way of conveying any message. Back in the days, people would laugh during Moliére’s plays, but little did they know that the plays were in preparation for the French Revolution,” Jean Jacques Montoin said.
The play also presented at Mher Mkrtchyan Theater for Artists on May 16. The performance was in French.
Entrance was free.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London